Arrival and Registration
Postdoctoral Fellows should complete the following steps after arriving on campus. These steps will ensure a smooth transition to the UAlberta.
- Meet with your department/postdoc supervisor. They will help start the process of registering you with the Postdoctoral Fellows Office.
They should create your UAlberta ID# and Campus Computing ID (aka CCID)
- Register with the Postdoctoral Fellows Office
Your home department should assist in collecting and providing to the Postdoctoral Fellows Office. The following documents (please note some additional documents may be requested)
- an original signed Postdoctoral Fellows Appointment Letter
- an original signed Postdoctoral Fellows Pay/Benefits Action Form
- copy of your CV
- copy of your PhD certificate (an English copy is required)
- Postdoctoral Fellows Registration Form
- copy of a Work Permit if required Once you are registered with the PDF Office, you will notified that you can obtain your ONEcard.
- Get Your Finances in Order
Banking, Stipend Payment, Direct Deposit,
Income Tax & Social Insurance Number
- Arrange for Health Care
General and supplemental health insurance
- Campus Life